The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
James
Admin
https://qtsforjamesandhanna.rpg-board.net

May 31st              Empty May 31st

Fri 01 Jun 2018, 12:07 am
1 John 5:3 "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome."
-Excerpts from a prayer book that I'm reading through, quotes from our favourite A.W. Tozer Smile

"Some prayers are like a fire escape, used only in times of critical emergency - never very enjoyable, but used as a way of terrified escape from disaster. They do not represent the regular life of the one who offers them; rather they are the unusual and uncomfortable acts of the spiritual amateur."

"We do not want to leave the impression that prayer in times of sudden crisis is not a good and right thing. It most certainly is, and God is said to be a "very present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1); but no instructed Christian wants to live his whole life on an emergency level."

"When the whole life prays, there is no burden or legalistic bondage with prayer. The other issue that adds to the complexity of this truth on the total life is the inability of this believer to discern or connect the dots on unanswered prayer, sin, and their walk in Christ."

Some amazing, fantastic quotes to chew on - I think that I'm absolutely guilty of falling into this category of praying exclusively in times of trouble. Whenever I am in need, or whenever I am in a dire situation - it's much easier to pray. Not that this in it of itself is bad, but if this consists of my entire prayer life, I'm sure anyone can determine that this is an absolute problem that needs grace from God.

My prayer is so that I can pray more. I want to desire to desire and to never compromise my best for God. Rather than making it a legalistic exchange of praying, I want to see to it that praying becomes a habit, rather than a get-out-of-jail free card.
-Hanna, please pray for me as I pray for the both of us. <3 love you.
hannalee
Admin

May 31st              Empty May 31st

Fri 01 Jun 2018, 12:37 am
"Inspired by Tozer" Chapter 3 - A Life of Excellence
"Refuse to be average. Let your heart soar as high as it will." - A. W. Tozer

"In professing to others that I am Christian, I believe it is my responsibility to reflect the person of Jesus Christ as best I can. As I have studied the life of Jesus, many traits have jumped off the pages, but one that was never compromised was His commitment to excellence. Jesus always "refused to be average and let His heart soar" to the highest of standards. I want others to be able to say the same about me."

- Jesus didn't live life in average way, He strived to be the best He could be
- In the same way, I want to reach higher and try my best in all areas of my life, reflecting the person that Jesus was and representing him in an honourable way
- I want this to be my motivation in all aspects of my life (school, relationships, my faith, etc.)

Colossians 3:23 "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum