The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
hannalee
Admin

July 15th  Empty July 15th

Sun 15 Jul 2018, 1:08 am
"Inspired by Tozer" Chapter 4 - If We Would Remember ...

"Oh, if we would only remember who God is!" - A. W. Tozer

This chapter is written by a woman who talks about the anger and helplessness that she felt when she found out her mother had been diagnosed with cancer, and how it had overcome her ability to remember God's past kindness to her and her family when they were in financial struggles.
Although God had provided her family with food, a car, and enough money to live in comfort, she was so focused on her current struggle that she questioned God "why???"

I'm sure many of us can relate to this woman when it comes to remembering who God is - "the creator of all, the sustainer of all, the lover of all."

Although I have a curfew, no parents, bad luck with public transport, and low self-esteem ...
God has provided me with a home (two in fact) to sleep comfortably in, brothers and sisters that may not be blood related but still love and care for me very much, an air conditioned affordable public transport system that can take me anywhere I want in comfort, and an AMAZING and WONDERFUL boyfriend who always tells me that I'm beautiful and makes me feel like the most special girl in the whole world!!

James please pray that I can trust in God and who He says He is! Not only in my times of happiness, but also in my times of suffering. Please pray for me that I can remember all the good things that He has provided me with!! (like you I love you)

Love you soo much!!