The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
James
Admin
https://qtsforjamesandhanna.rpg-board.net

April 24th Empty April 24th

Tue 24 Apr 2018, 11:08 pm
Scripture Passage: 1 Peter 4:3-19

Continuing with Peter's encouragement for the suffering Christians, he doesn't fail include the importance of spiritual gifts and understanding the value in suffering as a Christian, for Christ, and giving glory to Christ.

v.10-11
-"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies - in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

It's important to note that spiritual gifts can't be earned, pursued, or worked up - rather it's merely received by God. And as a Christian does not own their gifts, God has rather given them gifts to manage for the Church and His glory.
-This summer I really think that I need to build up my kids with more encouragement and teaching in their faith, especially before I head out for the states. God's given me gifts and passions in order that others may benefit. How then, am I utilizing those gifts? Am I being a faithful steward in the resources that God has provided over me?
-Definitely reminds me of the Parable of the Talents!

v. 17 "For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God;; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the Gospel of God?"
-Judgment, not in the context of condemnation rather judgment in the form of purging, chastening, and purifying the Church. If we as God's people are then judged in order that we might become even more holy, how much more then will those who reject the Gospel, be judged?
-I think that we should recognize that we are dealing with a holy God and we are people of utmost unholiness...
-Gives me a greater perspective as to how truly sinful we are and how much work there is to be left done - not that our salvation is on the line, but I find that I am far being conformed to the image of Christ.

Hanna please pray that I can grow in maturity and be sanctified to become more and more holier each day - especially through this devotional initiative. Pray that I can journey with you and God better - so that we can become more and more like Christ, that He may receive even more glory! (In order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ (v.10)
Love you babe! Thanks for coming today and i'll talk to you soon heheh <3
hannalee
Admin

April 24th Empty April 24th

Tue 24 Apr 2018, 11:30 pm
Passage: Galatians 5

- Galatians 2 talked about "justifying ourselves" through our faith and not by works; however, if one has faith, their actions ("works") will not remain unchanged
- because of my faith, I should want to act and carry myself differently
How is my faith being portrayed through my daily life? How do I demonstrate my belief? James 2:14-26 (faith without good works is dead)

v.22 - fruit of the Spirit
- pray that I would possess love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (even when it may be hard!)

Babe please also pray for me while I'm in Kingston and that the move will go smoothly! rabbit
Love you
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum