The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
James
Admin
https://qtsforjamesandhanna.rpg-board.net

April 26th Empty April 26th

Thu 26 Apr 2018, 2:23 pm
Scripture Passage: Job 1:21

Today I wanted something simple to chew and to meditate upon!

"And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”

Just spent some time meditating on this verse and understanding from yesterday's devo on casting all of our anxieties upon God. Right now, I feel incredibly comforted to recognize that my studies are a form of worship and praise as a student - to know that God has given me the education that I most definitely did not deserve. And to know that one day, everything that has been entrusted to me will be given back to Him. Nothing is for keeps in this life, nothing lasts for myself and to uplift my name rather it belongs to God. All of it. Apart from God, there is no meaning from an eternal perspective - may I then be encouraged to study all the more, knowing that everything returns to my heavenly Father and to my creditor for my stewardship.

Romans 11:36 "For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen."

Hope packing is going great babe, love you so much <3

hannalee
Admin

April 26th Empty April 26th

Thu 26 Apr 2018, 11:49 pm
Passage: 1 Peter 1

v.1 "To those who are elect exiles..."
- we are, in fact, exiles; the earth is not our home, but rather our home is in heaven
- why try so hard and spend more effort/time than necessary in a place that is temporary?
- I honestly fear death and don't feel ready to die, but I hope one day I will feel ready to meet my Father in Heaven! (our home Very Happy)

v.8 "Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory"
- sometimes I find it so difficult to believe in a God that I can't physically see with my own two eyes
- I hope to be strong in my faith and love and believe in Him, regardless of me not being able to see Him visually
- although he doesn't speak to me verbally as a human person would do, He does speak to me through scripture!

v.18-19 "knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot"
ransom: obtain the release of (a prisoner) by making a payment demanded - substitutionary atonement (payment = the blood of Christ, prisoner = us)
- I hope not to live for perishable things (i.e. beauty, money, good grades) for we are exiles and this is all temporary

v. 16 ""... You shall be holy, for I am holy."
- Babe please pray that I would strive to live more and more like how Jesus lived everyday (WWJD? Razz)

Nice to rewind after a long day with this devo! Love you James I love you
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum