The Devotional Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
hannalee
Admin

April 27th Empty April 27th

Fri 27 Apr 2018, 6:02 pm
Passage: 1 Peter 2

v.12 "Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation."
v.18 "Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust."
- I want to learn to fight evil with love rather than adding fuel to the fire. Even with people who I find difficult to love, I want to be patient and understanding with them. When people look at me, I hope they can see a difference in how I live and I want to honour God through my actions!

v.21-23
- Even when people act unfairly to me, I should be reminded that Christ accepted the punishment that we deserved (substitutionary atonement again wow!! Very Happy) and suffered unfairly for us

Babe please pray that I would be loving to everyone, including those who I find annoying lol!
James
Admin
https://qtsforjamesandhanna.rpg-board.net

April 27th Empty Re: April 27th

Fri 27 Apr 2018, 6:44 pm
Scripture Passage: Ephesians 1:1-23

v.13-14; "In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory."

The seal that Paul is referring to is one that is much like a signature, a mark of identification placed on a letter or a document. The Holy Spirit then is seen as our 'seal' of our salvation. This signifies that the Holy Spirit authenticates our faith, and allows us to have a faith that is legitimate, true, and one that cannot be manufactured by our own works.

This seal is also referring to like a down payment, just like how one would pay a down payment for a house - a certain sum of money to signify that one would complete the mortgage one day. They would be intending to purchase the entire house!
-Much like this down payment analogy, the Holy Spirit then is our down payment for our faith! "who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it."
-As our 'guarantee' it portrays that we are not only guaranteed to receive eternal life, but we are also eligible to. The price for sin has been paid, it's been paid in full - but our spiritual nature still has a long way to go!

-And I'm suppppppper glad that I have you to journey with Smile

v.18-19 reminds me of Jeremiah 9:24 <3
-"but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD.”

love you so much babe <3 so proud of you, you've had yourself two very big and tiring days Smile can't wait till ur back heheh

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum